Wednesday, May 2, 2012

update-congo mission trip

After much research and many prayers I am sad to announce that I will not be going to Congo in 2012. After discussing it with my OB, family doctor, and mission team, Evan and I realized that this was a decision we would have to make. There were many factors up for discussion. Some of which included, having to be very carful not to get too close with the children, worrying about everything I eat and drink, the risk of getting malaria, and the antimalarial medication needed for the trip.
We have decided that the risks out weigh the benefit I could help bring to these children this year.

How amazing is it that God used this mission trip to and all Evan and I have learned about Congo to have us adopt a child!?

I will still be just as much a part of this mission, except I will not be getting on that plane. Thankfully, Evan will still be going on the mission and I can't wait to hear all about it when he gets back. Another positive, now that I have decided not to go, the money I had raised finished funding his trip and helped out our team fundraising too.

No comments:

Post a Comment