Thursday, June 26, 2014

Why no update?

Why no update? I am sure this is the question you have been asking yourself if you have given any thought to our adoption.

Well, I just arrived home form my 34 week check up at the doctors office, and am now making a grocery list and pinning recipes while trying to feed my toddler and eat something myself. 


So to answer your question, life is moving forward while our adoption may or may not be.

You may ask yourself, how do you continue to move forward while two of your children are stuck in another country? I ask myself that same question each day.

The current adoption situation in The Democratic Republic of Congo: (Spoiler Alert: It's a mess.)

Exit visas have been suspended since September 2013. Meaning, even if you have legally adopted a child, they cannot leave the country. 
The DRC has announced that they will be creating new laws Fall of 2014. We have no idea what this will mean for our adoption process, which is in court now. We are told things are moving slow because the courts in the DRC are beginning to recognize the adoption process as being closed.

The Lord has put it on my heart to do something about this. So far, I have partnered with an organization known as Both Ends Burning. On June 24th and 25th there were adoptive families from all over the US right here in Washington, DC. We arranged meetings with our Senators and Congressman and shared how we believe they can help fight for the adopted orphans in the Congo.


I met with my Senator, Tim Kaine's Council this afternoon to discuss how I think the US(State Department) could help bring our children home. 


On June 25th we were informed that our adoption agency was forced to close.

This immediately brings to light many questions. Will we be able to continue our adoption with another agency? How does this impact the current status of our adoption (do we need to start the process over)? Who is going to handle all of the documents we already have in the DRC? What will happen to adoption expenses we've incurred to date? What about the children? The list goes on...

For now I remind myself, we all want to be hero's but God already sent us a hero, Jesus. I am here to labor for what breaks His heart, and right now He had called me to the orphans of the Congo. 

And that is what keeps me going...




2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys! I love what you said in the end...."God already sent us a hero, Jesus. I am here to labor for what breaks His heart, and right now He had called me to the orphans of the Congo. And that is what keeps me going"... Amen to that! We can do this! He will give us the strength to continue forward until our kids our home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete